Welcome to Charlotte Real Estate Resource Sign in | Help

Lake Wylie, Tega Cay and Fort Mill Area Blog

Informational News Blog by Angie Adams. I'd appreciate your Comments!



Should I Work With A Buyer's Agent? A Seller's Agent? A Dual Agent?
In the past, real estate agents always represented the seller, whether the agent helped a seller to market and sell a home or helped a buyer find and purchase a home. In other words, agents were at one time legally bound to represent the seller in a residential real estate transaction. In that scenario, the seller paid both the listing agent and the agent who brought the buyer.

Today, agents either represent the buyer, the seller, or both. If you want to sell your home, you can work with a "seller's agent." If you want to buy a home, you can work with a "buyer's agent." Most states require real estate agents to disclose to consumers who they represent. Sometimes an agent will represent the buyer and the seller. A buyer who elects this situation should receive full disclosure on representation. The real estate agent you choose should fully disclose how they work with individuals and the options available to you. In most cases the compensation to the buyer's agent is paid by the seller.

For more in-depth answers you should talk to Angie Adams

Published Monday, December 04, 2006 5:46 PM by Angie Adams NC/SC REALTOR® Broker


Anonymous comments are disabled